Saturday, October 3, 2009

Thoughts on a Wedding

As you saw from my last post, I recently got married. During the planning I was relatively calm. However, on the big day itself and the week leading up to it, I was a bit of a nervous wreck...even with Zoloft, meditation, etc. I think a big part of why I was such a wreck is that I was only able to do the very basics to keep my anxiety under control.

Unfortunately the basics were pretty much just one basic thing...taking Zoloft. I tried to keep my meditation practice up, but there were days that I wasn't able to do it because my family was in town and I just didn't feel like I could take 15 or 20 minutes to meditate even when we weren't in the same physical space.

The day turned out to be amazing--even with all of my stressing and even with our wedding coordinator not showing up! So, things went wrong and it was still fabulous. The only thing that wasn't fabulous was the amount of worrying and stressing I did in the week leading up to the big event.

Moral of the story is this, and other big stressors like this, is going to be a big challenge for me as I wean off Zoloft. If I didn't feel like I could take time away to meditate while on Zoloft, will I be able to do so during a big stressful event when I'm off of it?

I'll leave you with a wedding inspiration board I made...just because I like it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment